Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien


I am in the finishing stages of reading "The Hobbit" , introduced to me by my better half - as he is a mad fan of the 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogy and all... He has, it seems (for a change really) read something well and is in a position to recommend... So I started out reading in politeness ... even though my favorite reads nowadays are about drug cartels, mafias and stuff (its more realistic and I am fascinated with their business sense and ways of solving problems and dodging legal routes and police and what not... everybody is corrupt so it hardly matters where ones' sympathy lies - like it or not.) ... But in all seriousness I completely utterly enjoyed reading this very easy read! ... I am sure people already know the story of 'The Hobbit'... it is the prelude to the 'Lord of The Rings' and you are introduced to all the main characters - Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf, the dwarves, the Gollum, Beorn, Smaug (the dragon) etc etc ... 

It tells you how the ring came into the picture and how does this whole adventure really start. Murali was/is quite jumpy about the movie which might release sometime in 2012 I presume (as a random google search told me)... and in all earnest now, I am eagerly waiting too!! :)  - A lovely fable always manages to take ones mind away from all issues - real or material! ..... If you are reading the same, Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment