Friday, December 30, 2011

Gym 1.21 and a vivid nightmare

30th December 2011: Ben's aerobics class attended after AGES really! He stretched it for 1 hour 30 min and I was completely out of breath to say the least. A splendid work-out nevertheless...

After a longish time I had a vivid nightmare... which I am not sure was a nightmare at all or not. I have been reading a book about a city I am very fond of - Mumbai, India - which as everybody is pretty aware has a gangster problem - the 'underworld' and well, we - as normal everyday people don't get to know much about - except when there is a bomb blast or a high-profile murder etc. Here I was reading this awesome book named "Maximum city" on the same topic, just before sleeping (as I normally do) and my dreams were also a vivid gangster-ish type. .... Understandable... I do have a hyper active imagination.... 

Then somewhere in between sleep and a very awake consciousness (subconscious playing hoola-hoop perhaps) ... I heard a distinct very soft knock on our main-door. I remember it was clear and I KNOW I heard it. 7-8 soft rapid knocks.... I don't know whether I was partially asleep or what... Coz I sleep light and am generally very awake with hyper awakened senses. I know I know I know I heard it... and I remember telling myself 'Go to sleep, ignore what you heard'.... Then I also remember telling myself 'Check the house, whatever the problem - you will HAVE to face it'. So I walked out and checked the whole house from inside - remembering to walk quietly - and there was NOTHING. I peeped out the key-hole and NOTHING... eh.. BIG BIG sigh of relief.... But I feel stupid now. I heard I KNOW... eeesh! My heart-beat went off the roof and I couldn't sleep for the next 1/2 hour... post that I forced myself to sleep ( trying not to disturb the hubby much). weird weird weird. :/ ( though I also know the folks living upstairs tend to move stuff and make some noises quite late at night... its not bed-room sound :P... stupid nocturnal people).. Who know what I heard. Just a narrative here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment