Monday, February 6, 2012

All that I'v read till date - Part 2

5.Fooled by Randomness: The hidden role of Chance in Life and in the Markets, by Nassim Nicholas Taleb - A very good read indeed, marginally technical in case you don't understand Probability and the markets in general. I liked reading it  - tells you how human mind is always looking for symmetry in all events and circumstances - we believe that history repeats in a certain way - which it perhaps does not. Events are random and so are our "chances" - Worth grabbing with both hands as and when you do get!

6. Zen and the art of Motocycle Maintenance - An Inquiry into Values, by Robert M. Pirsig - I cannot handle philosophy ... and this proved a tough read for me. Some of it made sense, but basically I wont be reading it again for sure. :) 

7. Illusions, by Richard Bach I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK, I keep it with me where ever I go.... 
Some lines stuck to me like super-glue, for example

"You define your own limitations".... 

Reading and re-reading it has helped me get over a lot of mental blocks, get over people, get over tough situations... with ease. Fill yourself with positive people, there should be no space for "can not" and "should not".

No comments:

Post a Comment