Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Impending Jap exam :O - JLPT N4

O.K. time to keep the gym on the sidelines for approximately a month's time as I am off to my home country - India!!!! But this upcoming trip is a hectic affair - what with weddings in the family and my Japanese language exam all mixed into one biggg mess.

If you are a Japanese language student you would know how maddening it is to cram Kanji's and keep it there - in ones memory circuits! .... I think it's the ONE perfect thing to drive me completely crazy. I have journals after journals filled - file after file, diary after diary filled - with Kanji strokes; considering there is practically no other way of getting these registered in ones head. Any other way is a temporary memory - no kidding.

I agree my literal absorption of these Kanji scripts have gone up multi-fold as I literally spend 5-6 hours doing strokes - its mind numbing sometimes - but thankfully I do remember stuff now :)... familiarity perhaps.

I was to give JLPT N3 as my teacher felt I was good enough for it - but as it turns out my study portion could not be finished  - and semi-finished course is a recipe for disaster, in language examinations atleast! So instead of wasting money on going all the way to India and flunking JLPT N3, I decided to give JLPT N4 ( which I was earlier going to skip) - And really I don't deserve to skip levels  :D - Japanese ain't no waltz at all.... It's HARD work!

Another major annoyance for me is the complete lack of facility to give these JLPT examinations in South Africa. I mean, these exams are conducted in most of the countries - so why not SA? Sometimes I do feel that people in SA not interested in learning off-beat things. :/ ( maybe I am wrong... but I don't see many students of Japanese in Johannesburg and even less teachers or language school for Japanese, eh)!

If I do teach Japanese here sometime later, I hope I do find people interested in learning it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment