Tuesday, September 27, 2011

PPG or Powered Para-gliding and my 1st wedding anniversary!

Well another occasion and another opportunity to do something interesting presented itself on our first wedding anniversary... and considering we'd been looking out for stuff to do - we noted down information on PPG from a bill-board on the N1 highway towards Johannesburg CBD from Midrand.

Now PPG or powered para-gliding is your simple plain-vanilla paragliding only using a micro lite aircraft to fly you up and around the flight zone. Here in Jo'burg, it seems you don't really have a mountainous area to jump-off as one would expect normally; so you power your way up - rather than jump down!

So we met these instructors called Tony and Riaan at their club area called "Grasslands Sport's facility" (the board that announced the same had apparently been blown away by wind) -under the banner of 'Flying Unlimited'- and followed an unpaved road to the Xcitor micro lites all up and ready to go. Got into our flight suits and helmets, followed basic precautionary instructions on how to brace oneself if god-forbid the worst was to happen, what to expect on the flight up, about and finally while getting back down etc.  Took numerous shots of the Xcitor and ourselves and I went tandem with Tony while my husband with Riaan. Here are a few clicks.. :) ... 
The Xcitor I flew in...
 This was very chilled and non-scary as compared to hang-gliding, you sit and smile (and of course keep some customary butterflies in your tummy for a 'just in case' situation!) :D, so even though the microphone on the helmet between me and Tony wasn't working I am sure he heard me go "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sitting behind him (and him being polite didn't say anything :P)... Murali (my husbands' microlite apparently did some stunts by suddenly swerving down then correcting up which gave him a slight lurch in his stomach) still we had an awesome time looking at stuff below and being in the air! ( for 20 minutes perhaps, not more).

Murali's microlite

Post flying - Murali and Me :)

And as for the Anniversary, I baked... umm.. went crazy & lost it a bit... baking out of over flow of love :P... more pics....






I still pat my back for all my 1st time bakes :D, but you gotta try doing it once to realize how MANY calories go into everything and thou shall quite patiently wait for some far off ( trust me quite some years' far off) occasion to beckon you to bake ever again :P... Can't let self-torture in gym go to waste; not when I am 30 billion years minus 6 months from losing any sort of weight ... sigh :/..!

No comments:

Post a Comment