Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Charity @orphanage, Midrand South Africa

Oh i forgot to mention! The Birthday wasn't a complete waste... My husband actually did donate a nice amount to an orphanage here on my request :)...the nice part was he did so quite lovingly and willingly, which was awesome! 

There is but a problem finding authentic places to donate in around here; more because we (at least I ) am new to this country and you take the truthfulness of purpose of such organizations at face value. My original idea was to share a cake with the kids in the orphanage.. but well, the caretakers/volunteers there were not much for it as they said most kids were less than an year and can't eat cakes... and the elder kids were more in need of adoption or something vague like that in answer, so that idea didn't work.We were basically encouraged to share the cake instead with the staff at the place, which was incredibly funny.. :)

So monetary donation it was! :) Hope they use it, instead of shoving it in their own pockets  - one cannot be really sure i guess!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you don't mean "worst kind of heart" for me :P.... I just refuse to direct it to the management instead of the kids in the orphanage!

    ReplyDelete